miSecureMessages v6.8 Server Release
Amtelco Announces New Server Version Release for the miSecureMessages Secure Messaging App
MCFARLAND, Wisconsin – January 26, 2022 — Amtelco and their 1Call healthcare division today announced the release of new server version 6.8 for their secure messaging app called miSecureMessages.
This new server release contains many highly anticipated new features such as:
- High Availability Configuration – Allows miSecureMessages to be configured for multiple servers, with automated failover from one server to another if the primary server goes down. This feature provides continuous uptime during server upgrades and maintenance, and prevents downtime due to a single server failure.
- Phone Number Masking* – Phone calls placed from the miSecureMessages app displays the organization’s phone number instead of the device’s phone number. *Additional software required.
- Shared Device Licenses – Allows devices to be registered for use by multiple miSecureMessages users, enabling organizations to provide their employees with a pool of devices to use at work and keep personal devices off of the network.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) Identity Provider – Keeps track of passwords and performs authentication.
- Dark Mode (for iOS) – The app will switch to dark mode when used on a device that is set to the “Dark” appearance in the iOS settings. In dark mode, most screens are displayed as white text on a dark background, instead of black text on a light background.
“We are excited to release this highly anticipated version of miSecureMessages,” said Tom Curtin, CEO of Amtelco and 1Call. “I would like to specifically thank our group of customers who enthusiastically volunteered their time to test the app update to ensure it would meet the needs of all of our customers. Maintaining personal space while communicating with co-workers is critically important during the pandemic. We are proud to play a small part in protecting employees and their customers, as well as medical staff and their patients.”
HIPPA and HITECH-compliant miSecureMessages was originally created for the healthcare industry but can be used by any business that needs to communicate securely. In healthcare, the app helps to unify hospital and clinical communications, and streamline care team coordination by enabling staff to easily share texts, photos, audio files, and videos for secure, accurate communication while protecting electronic patient health information (ePHI). The app also integrates with existing hospital alert software to help reduce notification time when an emergency code occurs.
miSecureMessages can improve communication within any hospital department. The app seamlessly integrates with nurse call systems and other alert software to expedite emergency code notifications. Healthcare call center operators use miSecureMessages to quickly contact on-call staff. Hospital maintenance crews can take a photo or video of a building issue and collaborate to address it, and housekeeping uses it for bed management to quickly inform intake that a bed is ready for a new patient – which improves their bed turnover rate. Lab personal and radiologists use miSecureMessages to promptly communicate critical results.
HIPAA and HITECH-compliant miSecureMessages is a secure messaging application developed by 1Call for hospitals and clinics. The app provides end-to-end encryption that enables staff to securely send and receive texts, photos, audio, and video files. miSecureMessages seamlessly integrates with existing software to improve an organization’s communication time, while providing settings options to reduce alarm fatigue. The app can be used on mobile phones, smartwatches, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers, and is available for Android™ and Apple® iOS devices. The miSecureMessages app also helps to protect staff and healthcare organizations from various litigation situations with delivery and read receipts, as well as a log that keeps track of messaging histories. For more information visit 1Call.com/miSecureMessages.
The 1Call Division of Amtelco is a leader in developing software solutions and applications designed for the specific needs of the healthcare call center marketplace. 1Call features a complete line of modular solutions specifically designed to streamline enterprise-wide communications, save an organization’s limited resources, and make them tremendously efficient, helping them bring wellness to their members and their bottom line. For more information visit 1Call.com.